Anchor Projects for Regional Energy Development and Industrialisation
Energy projects are the major driver for industrialisation and electricity development. Under the theme ‘Anchor Projects for Regional Energy Development and Industrialisation’, the Regional Energy Co-operation Summit (RECS) is focused on unleashing energy, oil and gas potential in West Africa and beyond. Looking at the entire energy supply chain, the summit addresses the regional electricity market, cross-border energy infrastructure, investment partnerships in upstream and downstream gas and renewable energy development among other topics.
RECS: West explores business opportunities in the regional power pooling and the impact that these anchor energy projects will have on regional energy development.
RECS: West also provides a platform to present investment opportunities to enhance momentum in achieving goals and secure financing. Alongside strategic discussions, the forum hosts private business meetings and offers a unique networking and business opportunity between decision-makers from the value chain and the private sector.
An esteemed line up of speakers is confirmed for the Summit including:
• H.E. Honourable John Peter Amewu, Minister for Energy, Ministry of Energy, Republic of Ghana
• Honourable Dr. Mohammed Amin Adam, Deputy Minister for Petroleum, Ministry of Energy, Ghana
• Honourable William Aidoo, Deputy Minister for Power, Ministry of Energy, Ghana
• Honourable Bachir Ismaël Ouedraogo, Minister of Energy, Burkina Faso
• Honourable Aziz Rabbah, Minister of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development, Morocco
• Honourable Daniel Asuquo, Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Power, National Assembly, Nigeria
• H.E. Honourable Dr. Eldred T. Taylor, Deputy Minister of Energy, Ministry of Energy, Sierra Leone
• William Amuna, Policy Advisor to the Hon. Minister, Ministry of Energy, Ghana
• Fred Oware, Chief Executive Officer, BUI Power Authority
• Samuel Boakye-Appiah, Managing Director, Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG)
• Jonathan Amoako – Baah, Chief Executive Officer, GRIDCo
• Mark Baah, Director System Operations, GRIDCo
• Larabi Jaidi, Senior Fellow, OCP Policy Center
• Alfred K. Ofosu Ahenkorah, Executive Secretary, Energy Commission of Ghana
• Honoré Bogler, Chairman, ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Download the brochure for the Summit agenda
For more information regarding the summit and to view the full list of speakers, please visit the website: Regional Energy Co-operation SummitKeep me informed