AD Talks 2020: The Rise of Asia, Lessons Learnt
Asia has lifted millions of people from poverty. It has also led the rebuilding of the world order, with China playing a significant role. As the centre of the 21st Century, there are many lessons to learn from Asia: a commitment to education, poverty reduction and economic stability.
- How can Western countries, particularly developing ones, learn lessons from Asia in order to remain competitive?
- What major areas could be explored together in order to build effective synergies?
- How have Asian countries fought corruption? How have they improved the education levels?
Moderator : Marcus de Freitas, Senior Fellow, Policy Center for the New South
- Neelam Deo, Founder and Director, Gateway House Indian Council on Global Relations
- Amre Moussa, Former Secretary-General of the Arab League, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Egypt
- John Sawers, Executive Chairman of Newbridge Advisory, former Chief of Her Majesty’s Secret Intelligence Service (MI6)
- Mayecor Sar, Senior Manager, Government and Public Sector Practice, Deloitte; Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leader (ADEL)
Visit the Atlantic Dialogues website for more information on the AD Talks: ad.policycenter.maKeep me informed