Your spouse can travel to Morocco with you; however, please note that the program is solely for the selected Emerging Leaders. The Policy Center for the New South will not cover for their airfare, meals, nor accommodation, but he/she will be able to share the participant’s accommodation after paying a minimal extra fee. The Policy Center should be informed about an accompanying spouse.
- If selected, can I travel to the ADEL program with my spouse?
- Will I need to cover the costs of travel for the program in Marrakesh if I am selected?
The Policy Center for the New South covers economy class airfare, ground transportation in Morocco, and hotel accommodation during the dates of program and conference.
- Will the program organizers accommodate Emerging Leaders with disabilities?
The Policy Center for the New South does not discriminate based on disability or any other protected status. The Policy Center for the New South will provide reasonable accommodations to ensure you can travel safely to Morocco and fully participate in the program and conference.
- What will happen during the program?
The Emerging Leaders will participate in an intensive program that includes plenary sessions, problem-solving workshops, leadership sessions, skill-building trainings, and opportunities to converse and work with leading scholars and practitioners from around the world. Once the program is over, they will join the Atlantic Dialogues conference as participants.
- What is the difference between the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders (ADEL) program and the Atlantic Dialogues (AD) Conference?
The Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program is a two-day youth program that brings together 40 to 50 brilliant young leaders aged 23 to 35 from the Atlantic basin and Africa. The ADEL program is held PRIOR to the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, which is an annual meeting that brings together around 350 high –level senior officials, business leaders, academics, opinion shapers and civil society actors for 3 conference days. The selected Emerging Leaders will join the Atlantic Dialogues conference as participants following the ADEL program.
- When will I find out if I have been selected for the Emerging Leaders program?
All applicants will be notified of their status via email one month after the end of the call for application.
- I am a citizen of a country bordering the Atlantic basin and/or an Africa country, but do not currently reside in my country of citizenship. Am I eligible to apply for the program?
Yes, as long as you are a citizen of an African country and/ or a country bordering the Atlantic basin.
- If I already applied for past editions and was not selected, can I apply again this year?
Yes, most definitely! We encourage applicants who were not selected in previous years to apply again. However, having applied before does not impact/influence your chances of being selected. If you are not selected this year, you may apply again in the future, as long as you are not under 23 and over 35 y.o.
- What is the language of the ADEL program? In what language should I write my personal statement and CV?
The ADEL program is held entirely in English. Please write your cover letter and CV in English.
- Q: Am I eligible to apply if I am from the Middle East, Oceania, Asia, and Eastern Europe?
The Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program, as its name indicates, focuses on fostering dialogues between individuals from Africa and countries bordering the Atlantic basin; therefore, applicants that do not meet the above geographical criterion will not be selected.