This individual is not a direct affiliate of the Policy Center for the New South. They have contributed to one or more of our events, publications, or projects. Please contact the individual at their home institution.
Lieutenant-General Sidiki Daniel TRAORE attended the Royal Military Academy (RMA) in Meknes (Morocco) from 1978 to 1981 and the Mechanized Infantry Basic Officer Course at Fort Benning (Georgia) in 1982. He graduated from the Ecole de Guerre de l'Ecole Militaire de Paris. Lieutenant-General Traoré has held senior positions in the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Burkina Faso. General Traoré has also participated in various high-level courses, workshops, and seminars on peace operations, the most important of which are listed below:
- The 6th Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security in Africa which was held from November 18-19, 2019.
- The 3rd Annual African Peace and Security Conference (APSACO) organized by the Policy Center for the New South in Rabat, Morocco, from June 18-19, 2019.
- The United Nations System Senior Leadership Program (SLP) in New York from 5 to 9 June 2017 (for senior UN officials).
- The Intensive Orientation Course (IOC) in New York from October 3-7, 2016 (designed for senior UN officials), as Deputy Force Commander.
- The Senior Mission Leadership Course (SML) in Beijing, China, from June 6-17, 2016 (designed for senior UN officials).
In recognition of his commitment to advancing the peace and security agenda in Africa, Lieutenant-General Traoré has received several decorations, including the European Union's Common Security and Defense Policy Service Medal for Planning and Support and the UN medals for MONUC, MINURCAT, UNAMID, MINUSMA and MINUSCA. The senior officer also holds the medal of Chevalier de l'Ordre National Français du Mérite and, at the national level, he is "Commandeur de l'Ordre National".