The Policy Center for the New South is seeking a pro-active and highly-organized person for a full-time research internship within the International Relations & Geopolitics team.More
The intern will be tasked with supporting the International Relations & Geopolitics team in its research into key themes and regions in Africa.
As well as a strong interest in African affairs, applicants should have rigorous research and analysis abilities and clear and concise communication skills. More important than in-depth knowledge of any particular topic is an enthusiasm to learn and a willingness to work hard. Reliability and an acute attention to detail are a must. With the approval and the support of our researchers, interns may have the opportunity of publishing a paper on a theme of mutual interest to them and to the PCNS.
Key areas of responsibility
• Assist the research team with data collection and background research. This will involve the review and analysis of national and international media sources, scholarly articles and official reports.
• Carry out literature and evidence reviews, including identifying relevant research evidence, appraising the quality of evidence and writing up key findings.
• Actively participate in research projects and team meetings.
• Support the work of the research team as needed. This will involve administrative and reporting tasks.
• Support PCNS events as needed. This will involve logistical and people-facing tasks.
Education, experience and knowledge requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite including MS Word and Excel
• Must be flexible, congenial, a team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a fast-paced, complex environment
• English and French language fluency (reading, speaking, and writing) required
The internship period will be at least three months, with a starting time to be agreed on with the team.