We are looking to hire a Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, produce graphic designs corresponding to our publications and events, write and disseminate publicity material in English, French, and Arabic.
A good level in English and French, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a proactive and creative mindset are required. A Bachelor's Degree with experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
The Communications Officer should also have strong skills in graphic design and expertise in using software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier.More
• Prepare graphic designs for our publications, events and other activities, for dissemination online (e.g. website and social media platforms) and in print (e.g. banners and flyers).
• Develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our outputs, channels and target audience.
• Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of media and press relations, including coordinating interviews.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
• Promote the image of the Policy Center for the New South and coordinate outreach events as required.
• Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• A minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience.
• Proficiency in graphic design and publishing software and platforms.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.Apply now